Non-US Citizen Flight Training Requirements
- Potential students must come to Freeway Airport and fill out an application and pilot information card.
- Next step is to register on the TSA web site www.flightschoolcandidates.gov and create a new student account. This will be a Category 3 application [Aircraft under 12,500 lbs]. The type of aircraft will be: C-172 and the course name is: Private Pilot Airplane Course ID: FK8S141Q PVT
- When your online request to do flight training at Freeway Airport is approved, we will receive an email from TSA of that completion. Freeway Airport will in turn email TSA that your application is valid for our flight school.
- Next, you will need to pay the $130 application fee to TSA online with your credit card. When that is finished we can then have the required fingerprinting accomplished.
- Next make an appointment at Freeway Airport to have the fingerprinting done. The fee for fingerprinting is $85 and you will need to bring with you to your appointment a prepaid overnight envelope [available at the US Post Office for about $18].
- After TSA has received your fingerprints and has emailed Freeway Airport that they have been accepted you can begin your flight training. This process will take approximately two to three weeks to complete.
3900 Church Road
Bowie, MD 20721
get directions »
FBO & Flight School
Field Elevation 168 ft
Unicom Frequency 123.075 MHz
Location N38.56.42 W76.46.32
Runway Direction 36/18
Runway Dimensions 2,420' x 40'
Traffic Pattern Alt 1,000 ft MSL